Welcome to years 7-9
The curriculum at all Key Stages is designed to provide students with a broad and balanced experience of learning which promotes an enjoyment and commitment to learning leading to excellent progress and achievement and the development of skills for life.
The taught Curriculum in years 7-9
English, Mathematics, Science, French, Art and Design, Physical Education, Religious Education, History, Geography, ICT, Design & Technology, Music, Drama and House Period (Pupil Support Programme incorporating Careers, Personal, Social and Health Education and Citizenship). In Year 9 Spanish is offered as a second foreign language to the majority of students. A personal development programme is provided to students as an alternative to Spanish.
The curriculum at Lytchett is hugely supported by a plethora of excellent facilities in all subject areas. In an endeavour to promote greater independence and creativity in learning, two brand new and spacious libraries have been set up and resourced. One is for the exclusive use of students at Key Stage 3; the other for use in the upper school. These areas provide vibrant learning environments with easy and extensive access to ICT facilities.
We are proud of our...
• Outstanding Ofsted rating in our 2009/10 inspection
• Excellent value-added - consistently in top 10% of Sixth Forms nationally
• Extensive range of academic and vocational courses, which can be combined
• Highly successful one-year level 2 BTEC programme for students with grades C-E at GCSE
• Idyllic learning environment
• Superb Sixth Form library and study area
• Recent £17m investment in new facilities
• Excellent pastoral care and guidance from experienced team
• Wide variety of trips and visits
• Many opportunities to contribute to the development and life of the school
• High progression rate to university - significant numbers of students achieving First Class Honours degrees and nominations for special awards
Details of music lessons are on the music noticeboard