Welcome to Lytchett Minster Sixth Form
The Lytchett Sixth Form was established to provide for all students who are serious about taking their education and training further. It is a thriving and vigorous community which brings together a large number of committed and ambitious students who enjoy achieving.
Our aims are to ensure that all students are successful, enjoy their time here and fulfil their potential. We want our students to be fully prepared for higher education or the world of work and develop as independent, confident individuals with the skills and experience to enjoy fulfilling lives.
Wide range of courses
As you will see from the Course Guide on our curriculum page, there are many choices available to you. This page contains a lot of detail about each of the courses on offer, including some subjects which are not available at GCSE. Take the time to read through the different courses on offer. The Sixth Form will represent an important and exciting stage of your education and we would encourage careful thinking.
Given the large number of courses to choose from, you may need some advice on which combination of subjects to take to match your interests and abilities. You will have plenty of opportunity to gather information from teachers, students and members of the Sixth Form team – so talk to as many people as you can.
All students who apply to the Sixth Form have a guidance interview so you will have the chance to ask questions and seek further advice about whether the options you have chosen are the right ones for you. If you do have a particular career in mind, make sure you research at an early stage which are the best subjects for you to take.
Quotes about The Sixth Form from the Ofsted Report (Inspection number 338257) - Published 2010
We are proud of our...
• Outstanding Ofsted rating in our 2009/10 inspection
• Excellent value-added - consistently in top 10% of Sixth Forms nationally
• Extensive range of academic and vocational courses, which can be combined
• Highly successful one-year level 2 BTEC programme for students with grades C-E at GCSE
• Idyllic learning environment
• Superb Sixth Form library and study area
• Recent £17m investment in new facilities
• Excellent pastoral care and guidance from experienced team
• Wide variety of trips and visits
• Many opportunities to contribute to the development and life of the school
• High progression rate to university - significant numbers of students achieving First Class Honours degrees and nominations for special awards
Details of music lessons are on the music noticeboard