Welcome to GCSEs
The curriculum at all Key Stages is designed to provide students with a broad and balanced experience of learning which promotes an enjoyment and commitment to learning leading to excellent progress and achievement and the development of skills for life.
GCSEs at Lytchett
The primary aim is to maximize the progress of all students, whatever their starting point. The Guidance programme uses the prior attainment interests and aptitudes of students to personalise their curriculum plan. It is recognised that every student is an individual and there is a genuine endeavour to meet the differing needs of each student within the context of course viability.
GCSEs and more...
At KS4 an extensive range of extra curricular activities are provided aimed at enriching students’ experiences and to support their personal development. All students undertake a two week period of work experience in Year 10.
We are proud of our...
• Outstanding Ofsted rating in our 2009/10 inspection
• Excellent value-added - consistently in top 10% of Sixth Forms nationally
• Extensive range of academic and vocational courses, which can be combined
• Highly successful one-year level 2 BTEC programme for students with grades C-E at GCSE
• Idyllic learning environment
• Superb Sixth Form library and study area
• Recent £17m investment in new facilities
• Excellent pastoral care and guidance from experienced team
• Wide variety of trips and visits
• Many opportunities to contribute to the development and life of the school
• High progression rate to university - significant numbers of students achieving First Class Honours degrees and nominations for special awards
Details of music lessons are on the music noticeboard